Summerville Probate Attorneys
Helping Clients in Charleston, Dorchester and Berkeley Counties
Our skilled probate lawyers at PMC Law Firm have years of experience handling a variety of probate administration and litigation matters. If you have questions about what to expect from the probate process or feel your interests need to be protected, please get in touch with our legal team today.
Why Do I Need a Probate Attorney?
There's no reason to go through the probate process alone. Probate administration and litigation can be complicated and confusing if you don’t have a background in law.
The experienced probate team at PMC Law Firm has a team of lawyers dedicated exclusively to dealing with South Carolina probate courts and every issue they handle. Our team includes former Probate Judge Tiffany Provence, former Probate Court law clerk David Causey and former estate clerk Gail Elmore. With a combined 40+ years of courthouse experience, we have the knowledge, skills, and resources to handle your case.
Whether you need advice about administering your estate or want to pursue a will contest, we will gladly take the time to discuss your probate concerns. We will help you understand all of your options under the law.
Probate Law Cases We Handle
Our probate and estate attorneys can assist with all aspects of probate law. We can put our experience to work for you in navigating the probate court.
We provide legal advice and representation on the following aspects of probate and estate law:
- Estate Planning - A solid estate plan can help ensure your wishes are clear to your family members when you pass. We can help you maximize estate tax benefits, prepare for incapacity, and potentially avoid the probate process. We are proud to assist non-traditional and blended families with their unique estate needs.
- Probate Litigation - Our attorneys assist with will contests, trust disputes, and accusations of trust mismanagement. If you believe a loved one's will was not properly executed, or that your estate's executor committed a breach of fiduciary duty, reach out to us for assistance. Likewise, we can defend you as an executor if you face accusations with beneficiaries of the estate.
- Conservatorships & Guardianships - If you need to appoint a guardian or conservator for a loved one, we can guide you through the process. We can also represent you if you fall on any side of a conservatorship or guardianship dispute. Our lawyers also assist with guardian ad Litem cases.
- Estate Administration - Our lawyers can provide legal guidance through the estate administration process and probate. We communicate with executors and beneficiaries in distributing assets of the estate. We can also provide assistance with beneficiary or creditor claims to the estate.
- Wills & Trusts - We provide high-quality counsel on the creation of wills and trusts. We can work to ensure your will is legally valid and identify the best trusts to protect your assets.
Do you need to talk to a qualified lawyer about an important probate matter in Summerville? Then give us a call today at (800) 914-0620 to schedule your case consultation with a member of our legal team.
Compassionate Client Care & Fierce Legal Strategies
Every Case Gets Its Own Legal Team
Former Judicial Experience
Over a Century of Combined Legal Experience
Dedicated, honest and puts clients interests above their own- Donna S
They made it easy for us to understand.- Dominic L.
They definitely made me feel more than just a client!- Daniel P.
Incredibly helpful, patient & kind.- Dawn
Awesome attorneys & staff.- Lee