Our Legal Services
Comprehensive Legal Assistance for a Variety of Practice Areas in Charleston, Dorchester and Berkeley Counties
Our lawyers at PMC Law Firm have dedicated our efforts to make sure each of our clients has a team of skilled professionals who can provide insightful legal guidance for a wide range of legal matters, including:
- Criminal Law
- Civil Law
Our lawyers have a stellar reputation among South Carolina courts. Our team is composed of a former Probate Judge, former Probate Court law clerk, and former estate clerk, so you can trust that your case is in good hands when choose PMC Law Firm to handle your legal matter. With more than 40 years of combined experience, our firm has the knowledge, skills, and extensive resources you need on your side to ensure your best interests are represented when dealing with a complicated legal issue.
Clients often come to us to ask what to expect from the probate process after a loved one has passed away. We are here to walk you through each step and help you file all of the necessary paperwork to open the estate so that all of the heirs under the will can be notified. From conducting an inventory and appraisal of all estate assets to dealing with creditors of the estate, we will oversee every phase of the probate process and provide the advice you need. We understand that every estate is unique, which is why we will customize a legal strategy that is tailored to your needs and expectations.
We can assist with any of the following probate cases:
- Probate Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Conservatorships & Guardianships
- Estate Administration
- Wills & Trusts
For certain types of civil law cases, we sometimes recommend that clients consider mediation as a possible avenue to resolve their legal dispute. If you want to solve your legal issue without the hassle of going to court, then mediation might be the ideal option for you.
Some of the benefits of mediation include:
- Confidentiality: With mediation, you don’t have to worry about the details of your private matter being aired in a courtroom for the public to see. Mediation is a confidential process, so everything discussed between the parties will remain confidential.
- Control: If you’re worried about how a judge or jury might see your case, then choosing mediation can give you more control over the outcome. Mediation doesn’t involve a judge or jury, which means both parties involved in the case have complete control over the decisions.
- Collaboration: Mediators must work with both parties to determine the possible solutions that will eventually resolve the legal dispute. The mediator isn’t on either party’s side, instead, they listen to everyone’s perspective and offer potential solutions.
- Communication: Perhaps the greatest benefit of mediation is that it allows both parties to communicate with each other in a controlled and courteous environment. Litigation can sometimes lead to tense arguments because both parties feel like they aren’t being heard. Open communication through mediation can also help litigants maintain or restore their relationships with the other party.
Have you been charged with a crime? Do you need an experienced lawyer who can prove you’re not guilty and defend all of your rights under the law? Our compassionate attorneys understand that criminal charges can have a devastating impact on your future, that is why we will stand by your side and fight for you.
Don’t hesitate to call us if you need a legal representative for any of the following criminal offenses:
- DUI / DWI
- Traffic Violations
- Assault & Battery
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes
- Burglary / Theft
Our litigation team is here to help you pursue or defend your civil lawsuit, whether it’s a dispute involving an accident injury or property that is being held in probate. Our skilled lawyers proudly handle the following areas of civil litigation:
Give Us a Call to Request Your Case Consultation Today
Do you have more questions about the legal services we offer at PMC Law Firm? If so, get in touch with our legal team in Summerville to discuss how we can put our experience to work for you in navigating the legal process. Whether you are looking to plan your estate for probate or were accused of a crime, we can take look at your situation to find the right legal solution.
To set up a case consultation with one of our Summerville lawyers, call (800) 914-0620 today.
Compassionate Client Care & Fierce Legal Strategies
Every Case Gets Its Own Legal Team
Former Judicial Experience
Over a Century of Combined Legal Experience