Ridgeville, SC Family Law Attorneys
An Experienced Legal Team Bringing You Care, Respect, & Professionalism
Are you heading for divorce? Do you have a post-divorce custody issue or another family law matter that is in dispute? These legal matters are among the toughest experiences you will ever face and they all go through the South Carolina family law system, a system you likely know little about. These legal issues are known for their difficulty in terms of reaching resolutions and for the high emotional toll they can take on participants.
At PMC Law Firm, we are deeply familiar with the laws that pertain to families in the courts because we deal with these matters all day every day both in and out of court. Our team has more than 45 years of combined legal experience in this field. That experience includes interacting with our clients on a very personal basis concerning issues that can have a dramatic impact on the future. That is why we bring care, respect, and compassion to every client along with the legal knowledge, skills, and resources we have developed over the decades.
Need a family lawyer for advice or representation concerning your issue? Contact us online or at (800) 914-0620 to book a consultation about your legal needs.
Cases We Handle in Family Law
Our diligent team handles all types of legal issues that fall under the umbrella of family law. These can include the following:
- Contested, uncontested, and high-asset divorce that involves separating all the financial and other aspects of the marriage relationship.
- Child custody and visitation whether it involves a pending divorce or in a post-divorce situation where challenges or disputes have occurred.
- Child support, which is based on state guidelines and formula.
- Alimony, otherwise known as spousal support, which may or may not apply to your divorce according to the facts and circumstances of your case.
- The division of marital property and debts which is based on various factors but subject to the state rule of “equitable division.” This property includes all of the assets gained during the years of your marriage, such as income, real estate, investments, and more.
- Lega separation and annulments.
- Prenuptial agreements that are drafted and finalized according to legal standards.
- Modifications of family court orders, such as seeking to make changes to custody and visitation arrangements, child support, or alimony. Modifications are sought when your circumstances have altered to the point that the current order is no longer workable.
- Paternity, done to establish parenthood for the purposes of child custody and/or child support.
- Mediation services as an alternative dispute resolution method to resolve disputes related to family law issues.
- Orders of Protection, commonly known as restraining orders, in cases of family or household abuse.
Work with a Team of Ridgeville Professionals Dedicated to Your Case
Many good reasons exist to work with PMC Law Firm when you are facing a family law dilemma. At our firm, you will have a team of professionals serving you. We will always work to help achieve a resolution that is fair, just, and aligned with your best interests. From the outset of your case, we zealously protect your legal rights and, whether in court or at the negotiation table, we fight for your legal objectives.
Our Ridgeville family lawyers also work as a team when it comes to always keeping you up to date on your case; in our view, you are family and we treat all of our clients with that frame of mind. We understand the turmoil and tension that family law issues can have. With our support system, your case will have the advantage of legal experience and care that can make your journey as painless and smooth as possible.
Contact us at (800) 914-0620 to get started today.